maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use native tar to unpack? good/bad idea?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 05:53:59 GMT
I know I have a couple of branches that at least convert all the
plexus-archiver zip stuff to use commons-compress, which is reasonably
simple to plug into plexus-archiver. I have been a bit reluctant to
push these changes since I've been mildly concerned about fallout. I
think it should be fairly simple to convert the remaining
plexus-archiver code to use commons-compress too, including the tar
stuff.

I am more concerned about the testing aspect of this change, it would
require extensive testing and probably some community effort. Is there
any interest in this ?

Commons-compress is at least maintained; which is a Good Thing  ;)

Kristian