maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with maven
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 00:20:24 GMT
On 4 June 2014 00:12, amit dhanani <amit.dhanani@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have installed maven 3. In jenkins it shows error while building.

Did you try building this from the command line?
You need to make sure you use the same command line that jenkins is doing
or you will have environmental issues to deal with too.
It may also help to purge your local ~/.m2/repo cache to mirror having a
clean environment.

[del]

[workspace] $ /usr/share/maven3/bin/mvn clean install -o

[del]

> [ERROR] Plugin org.easyb:maven-easyb-plugin:1.4 or one of its dependencies
> could not be resolved: Cannot access central (
> http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode and the artifact
> org.easyb:maven-easyb-plugin:jar:1.4 has not been downloaded from it before.

Did you read the error message?
Your maven invocation is using the -o option.
    mvn --help
will show you that -o means --offline Work offline

The error message shows that you have not downloaded this plugin before and
because you are offline it will not download it for you.
Maven can't work when it is missing stuff.