maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change snapshot artifacts timezone?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 01:14:18 GMT
For your CI you need a repository for snapshots so that you can pull them
in after the local maven repository cache is cleared.
But for developers you dont want them pulling snapshots from a repository.

The reason is that Developer B pushes a snapshot of something you require,
and guess what, they broke the interface/implementation of that jar, and
now you can no longer work until you fix that snapshot.
You want your developers in control of when and how often they update their
snapshots, which generally means that they manually rebase from source
control and build the snapshot jars locally.

--
Buy your books from me and Book Depository at
http://www.users.on.net/~baerrach/