maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Need to resolve the dependencies for a MavenArtifact
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:55:01 GMT
Hi William,

> Am I even on the right path or is there a much more straight forward
> way of getting the dependencies for the Artifact?

My naive impression, having dabbled with writing Maven plugins without
spending too much time doing it, is that there is a lot of copying and
pasting going on. Find a plugin that does close to what you want, and steal
blocks of code. As such, unfortunately, it may very well be that there is
not an especially straightforward way.

Anyway, your question reminds me of something similar (IIUC?) asked and
answered by Laird Nelson awhile back:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/201401.mbox/%3CCAHNdxu==eJv-fuX8aAuVvzrhkEAXsy=RV2AFoRZ+XuMtLkZnfw@mail.gmail.com%3E

https://github.com/ljnelson/maven-artifacts/blob/master/src/main/java/com/edugility/maven/Artifacts.java#L80

Maybe that code is helpful?

Or if not, apologies for the noise.

Regards,
Curtis

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM, William Ferguson <
william.ferguson@xandar.com.au> wrote:

> I'm not looking for the dependencies of the current project.
> I'm looking for the dependencies of a given artifact.
>
> Perhaps I'm not reading maven-dependecy-tree:build-classpath correctly, but
> I don't see how it can be configured to provide that.
>

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 4:32 AM, james northrup <northrup.james@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > what's not clear is how build-classpath doesn't give you the deps you
> want.
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:23 AM, William Ferguson <
> > william.ferguson@xandar.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks James, but perhaps I wasn't clear.
> > >
> > > I need to be able to resolve the dependencies for a given artifact from
> > > within my Mojo (ie within my plugin). That's the problem I am trying to
> > > solve.
> > >
> > > William
> > >

> > > On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM, james northrup <
> > northrup.james@gmail.com>

> at
> withoutr

> > > dependencies.