maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: site-deploy using wagon-ssh: User input needed
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:36:15 GMT
Hi Gerrit,

> I see in the Jenkins Build log that wagon-ssh keeps asking if it
> should trust the connection by showing the SSH RSA fingerprint.

Maybe your Jenkins's %USER_HOME% is simply not set as you expect?
Apparently [2], Jenkins on Windows defaults to C:\Users\[MY_USER]\.jenkins,
so maybe you need to put your known_hosts in
C:\Users\[MY_USER]\.jenkins\.ssh\known_hosts in order for it to run
properly with Jenkins?

> The easiest way would be if I would be able to specify the path of the
> known_hosts file in the settings.xml.

Looking at the relevant maven-wagon source [1], it is clear there is a
bunch of logic for managing a KnownHostsProvider (which controls where the
known_hosts data comes from). So I would be very surprised if this was not
exposed at the Maven level -- i.e., if there was not a way to configure
this in the POM somehow.

> Unfortunately wagon-ssh also doesn't show at which location it tries
> to open the known_hosts file.

Did you try with "mvn -X"? That is verbose/debug mode. If it still doesn't
echo the path, please file a JIRA issue for it:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON (create account at
https://xircles.codehaus.org/signup)

> Does no one of you use that wagon-ssh?

My group uses wagon-webdav-jackrabbit for artifact deploys, and we aren't
deploying our Maven sites properly yet.

Regards,
Curtis

[1]