maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kriegisch <Alexan...@Kriegisch.name>
Subject Re: Use native tar to unpack? good/bad idea?
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 06:40:07 GMT
I think that generally code reuse is a good idea. ;-) In this case the code even stays within
the Apache family, so if anyone cares about my humble opinion, I think it makes sense. As
for testing, I think Jason lately talked about Maven's integration test bed. Maybe it makes
sense to add an appropriate number of cases to that, if necessary.
--
Alexander Kriegisch

> Am 03.06.2014 um 07:53 schrieb Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenvold@gmail.com>:
>
> I know I have a couple of branches that at least convert all the
> plexus-archiver zip stuff to use commons-compress, which is reasonably
> simple to plug into plexus-archiver. I have been a bit reluctant to
> push these changes since I've been mildly concerned about fallout. I
> think it should be fairly simple to convert the remaining
> plexus-archiver code to use commons-compress too, including the tar
> stuff.
>
> I am more concerned about the testing aspect of this change, it would
> require extensive testing and probably some community effort. Is there
> any interest in this ?
>
> Commons-compress is at least maintained; which is a Good Thing  ;)
>

> Kristian

>> Looks like it is worth a try to get maven-dependency-plugin having an
>> option to use native tar during unpack.
>>
>> Thanks Jason
>>
>> -Dan
>>

>>> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 6:32 PM, Jason van Zyl <jason@takari.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have had many problems with Java-based TAR solutions. I often use this
>>> where I can:
>>>

>>> https://github.com/airlift/airship/blob/master/airship-shared/src/main/java/io/airlift/airship/shared/FileUtils.java

>>> independence and

>>> inspect