maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: maven 3.2.2 breaks maven-invoker-plugin?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:19:51 GMT
Thanks Karl-Heinz!

On Jun 26, 2014, at 1:03 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Created an jira entry http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MINVOKER-166
>
> for it...
>
> Many thanks for the information...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl-Heinz Marbaise
> On 6/26/14 4:42 PM, cody.a.fyler@wellsfargo.com wrote:
>> I just update to 3.2.2 from 3.2.1 and am now getting the error below from the maven-invoker-plugin.
Using Java 1.8.20.

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run
(integration-test) on project base-pom: Execution integration-test of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run
failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-invoker-plugin:1.8:run:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.maven.settings.Settings.getRuntimeInfo()Lorg/apache/maven/settings/RuntimeInfo;

>> Here is the configuration from my pom.xml:
>>
>> <plugin>
>>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>         <artifactId>maven-invoker-plugin</artifactId>
>>         <version>1.8</version>
>>         <inherited>false</inherited>
>>         <executions>
>>                 <execution>
>>                         <id>pre-integration-test</id>
>>                         <goals>
>>                                 <goal>install</goal>
>>                         </goals>
>>                 </execution>
>>                 <execution>
>>                         <id>integration-test</id>
>>                         <goals>
>>                                 <goal>run</goal>
>>                         </goals>
>>                         <configuration>
>>                                 <addTestClassPath>false</addTestClassPath>
>>                                 <settingsFile>${basedir}/src/test/resources/settings.xml</settingsFile>
>>                                 <cloneAllFiles>true</cloneAllFiles>
>>                                 <cloneClean>true</cloneClean>
>>                                 <cloneProjectsTo>${project.build.directory}/it/projects</cloneProjectsTo>
>>                                 <mergeUserSettings>true</mergeUserSettings>
>>                                 <parallelThreads>4</parallelThreads>
>>                                 <projectsDirectory>${basedir}/src/test/resources/parent</projectsDirectory>
>>                                 <properties>
>>                                         <BUILD_NUMBER>${BUILD_NUMBER}</BUILD_NUMBER>
>>                                         <dryRun>true</dryRun>
>>                                         <jacoco>true</jacoco>
>>                                         <jenkins.build.number>${BUILD_NUMBER}</jenkins.build.number>
>>                                         <ignoreSnapshots>true</ignoreSnapshots>
>>                                 </properties>
>>                                 <pom>${basedir}/src/test/resources/parent/pom.xml</pom>
>>                                 <showErrors>true</showErrors>
>>                                 <showVersion>true</showVersion>
>>                                 <streamLogs>true</streamLogs>
>>                                 <debug>false</debug>
>>                                 <goals>
>>                                         <!--goal>clean</goal -->
>>                                         <goal>install</goal>
>>                                         <goal>sonar:sonar</goal>
>>                                         <goal>release:prepare</goal>
>>                                         <goal>release:perform</goal>
>>                                 </goals>
>>                         </configuration>
>>                 </execution>
>>         </executions>
>>         <configuration>
>>                 <filterProperties>
>>                         <artifactory.host>something.com</artifactory.host>
>>                 </filterProperties>
>>                 <localRepositoryPath>${localRepositoryPath}</localRepositoryPath>
>>         </configuration>
>> </plugin>

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks