maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kriegisch <Alexan...@Kriegisch.name>
Subject Re: Use native tar to unpack? good/bad idea?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 22:57:26 GMT
Oh, I see, multiple options. Okay, then yes - maintenance nightmare. I think we should not
easily give up Java's idea of platform independence and Maven's whole point: creating standardised,
repeatable builds.

If your idea is a reaction on your latest tar.gz problems, maybe we can find another solution
for it. You have not reacted on my offer to inspect your files and see if I have an idea how
to fix that in Java. :-)
--
Alexander Kriegisch