maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Controlling order of plugin execution
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 19:22:56 GMT
On Jun 4, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's usually a sign that you have wandered off The Maven Way™

No it's not. They have valid points and the implementation is deficient in this regard. Everything
that's presently here is not immutable. Calling it "The Maven Way" doesn't make it usable
or without flaws. I'm not even sure where this saying came from but we're not a cult.

> There are ways back onto the blessed path... they typically involve writing
> a plugin

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.

-- Edward Gibbon