maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: How to reference a multimodule project from a pom
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 23:52:13 GMT
Yes.
We have given these jars the name "aggregation jars".
You add a 6th project that produces a jar containing the 5 "real" jars
and have your projects reference the aggregation jar.

Others have used the term "bundle" for this (Apache CXF)  but that may
confuse people who have OSGI "bundles" in mind.

http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=121 is a short article on what
we do and why.
You might want to look at other notes that we have tagged with "Maven"
as well.

Ron

On 11/06/2014 12:08 PM, kurt_cobain wrote:
> Hi, I have a multimodule project, let's call it "multi". it generates like 5
> jar artifacts.
>
> I would like to simply reference "multi" from another project's pom and get
> everything i need, without having to indivdivually reference each of the 5
> jar's generated by "multi" in my the referencing pom file.
>
> Isn't that possible?
>

> --

Ron Wheeler
President