maven-users mailing list archives

From "mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com" <mehul.sang...@gmail.com>
Subject Nexus / Maven repository artifact handling
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 22:06:22 GMT

We have a Nexus server to which various projects upload artifacts.
The artifacts are uploaded to a release repository, not a snapshot repository.

One project is just a consumer of the artifacts.  It does not upload anything.

Even though we have an updated artifact available, the consuming project does not download
the artifacts from nexus until we clear out the local repo in ~/.m2.

How does Nexus / Maven determine that a new artifact needs to be downloaded from the remote
repo?  The timestamp reflects the time of upload of the artifact.  So what am I missing ?

The GAV is of the form:

     group:artifact.id:group.artifact.id-11.1.0.jar

When a new group.artifact.id-11.1.0.jar is uploaded, it won't get downloaded by the consuming
project.

cheers,

         mehul

--