maven-users mailing list archives

From "Hohl, Gerrit" <g.h...@aurenz.de>
Subject AW: site-deploy using wagon-ssh: User input needed
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:18:28 GMT
Hello Curtis,

thanks for your reply.

The Jenkins configuration says that C:\.jenkins is the home directory.
So I created a ".ssh" folder there and places the know_hosts in it.
But it didn't work.

I also started the build enabling the verbose output, like you wrote.
That is really very verbose. Also the build process stopped very early, I got a 7 GB log file.
;)
Unfortunately I don't see any path there. Only that the uses the proper ID of the server and
also uses the credentials which have been configured for it. That's all.

I go for your suggestion about creating an account at codehaus. I will create a bug ticket
there.

Thanks again for your mail. :)

Regards,
Gerrit

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ctrueden.wisc@gmail.com [mailto:ctrueden.wisc@gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Curtis Rueden
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Juni 2014 14:36
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: site-deploy using wagon-ssh: User input needed

Hi Gerrit,

> I see in the Jenkins Build log that wagon-ssh keeps asking if it
> should trust the connection by showing the SSH RSA fingerprint.

Maybe your Jenkins's %USER_HOME% is simply not set as you expect?
Apparently [2], Jenkins on Windows defaults to C:\Users\[MY_USER]\.jenkins, so maybe you need
to put your known_hosts in C:\Users\[MY_USER]\.jenkins\.ssh\known_hosts in order for it to
run properly with Jenkins?

> The easiest way would be if I would be able to specify the path of the
> known_hosts file in the settings.xml.

Looking at the relevant maven-wagon source [1], it is clear there is a bunch of logic for
managing a KnownHostsProvider (which controls where the known_hosts data comes from). So I
would be very surprised if this was not exposed at the Maven level -- i.e., if there was not
a way to configure this in the POM somehow.

> Unfortunately wagon-ssh also doesn't show at which location it tries
> to open the known_hosts file.

Did you try with "mvn -X"? That is verbose/debug mode. If it still doesn't echo the path,
please file a JIRA issue for it:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON (create account at
https://xircles.codehaus.org/signup)

> Does no one of you use that wagon-ssh?

My group uses wagon-webdav-jackrabbit for artifact deploys, and we aren't deploying our Maven
sites properly yet.

Regards,
Curtis

[1]