maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Nexus / Maven repository artifact handling
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 22:54:13 GMT
Are you deploying different artifacts with the same version? Release versions are expected
to be immutable and Maven will not try to download a released artifact again because it's
not expected to change. If you are deploying different artifacts using the same version you
are using Maven incorrectly.

On Jun 2, 2014, at 6:06 PM, mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com wrote:

> We have a Nexus server to which various projects upload artifacts.
> The artifacts are uploaded to a release repository, not a snapshot repository.
>
> One project is just a consumer of the artifacts.  It does not upload anything.
>
> Even though we have an updated artifact available, the consuming project does not download
the artifacts from nexus until we clear out the local repo in ~/.m2.

> How does Nexus / Maven determine that a new artifact needs to be downloaded from the
remote repo?  The timestamp reflects the time of upload of the artifact.  So what am I missing
?

> The GAV is of the form:
>
>     group:artifact.id:group.artifact.id-11.1.0.jar
>
> When a new group.artifact.id-11.1.0.jar is uploaded, it won't get downloaded by the consuming
project.

> cheers,
>
>         mehul
>
> --