maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to move the <directory> of a multi-module project?
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 09:27:54 GMT
Hi,

> grandfather
>       |---- pom.xml
>       |---- father
>                |---- pom.xml
>                |---- son
>                       |---- pom.xml
>
> If I build that project, I will have these target directories: /home/me/projects/grandfather/target,
/home/me/projects/grandfather/father/target and /home/me/projects/grandfather/father/son/target.

> Is there anyway to modify only 1 pom.xml (it doesn't matter if it is grandfather's or
father's or son's) so that the target directories are /tmp/grandfather/target, /tmp/grandfather/father/target
and /tmp/grandfather/father/son/target?

So my question to this is: Why do want to do this? What's the reason to
use a folder outside the modules ? Can you explain your use case and why
you need it such that way and can't stuck with the conventions
project/target ?

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise