maven-users mailing list archives

From Wolf Geldmacher <wolf.geldmac...@abacus.ch>
Subject Re: use separate mirrors for project dendencies and plugin dependencies ??
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 10:15:45 GMT
On 06.05.2014 09:07, Dan Tran wrote:
> Ofcourse, I do have Maven repo manager ̣ nexus at this time), however still
> struggle on how to get only plugin's artifact goto one proxy and others
> goto to another proxy using mirror settings.
>
> Are you able to do so?
>
> -Dan
I'm none to sure that this would even help at all:

Presumably you are trying to separate artifacts used by plugins during
your build (where you might use e.g. GPL licensed modules) from
artifacts used as dependencies in your project proper (where using that
same GPL licensed modules would make your legal department scream) by
separating the repositories used to provide them.

As far as I know/understand all artifacts are downloaded to the same
local cache repository (~/.m2/repository), regardless of whether they
were required by some plugin or as a dependency of your project.

This makes them available for both purposes and thus obliterates all
your efforts of keeping them separate.

Maven Masters: Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Wolf