maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Jackson <br...@jaxzin.com>
Subject Re: Perforce Maven Integration ??
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:25:34 GMT
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Dan Tran <dantran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently not able to get Perforce with SSL connection working.  My
> guess here is both currently built-in perforce provider at maven scm, and
>  the one from Perforce ( p4maven) are not support this new feature yet
> which is available around 2012.  ( also the last p4maven release is around
> 2011 )

Yeah, Perforce (the company) doesn't support the publishing of p4maven to
Central. I had to do it myself using the Sonatype OSSH Repository.

> is Perforce well supported and used with Maven?

Well-supported is debatable since its subjective. Perforce, like many
commercial product, often get the same level of open source support when
open source alternatives exist (git, svn).

> are there any Maven shops with Perforce which actively using maven release
> plugin?

Yes, we've been using it for many years to cut releases at ESPN through our
CI server. Unfortunately we don't use SSL so I can't help you with your
specific issue.