maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven cannot see my DLL artifact
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:21:07 GMT
> the artifact there. If I delete the artifact from my local repository, Maven
> has no trouble downloading the metadata and pom, but for some reason it
> cannot see the dll artifact.

Are you sure it finds the pom? The error below indicates it does not.

> Downloading:
> http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public/net/kolotyluk/windows/csharp-windows-elevate/0.0.21-SNAPSHOT/csharp-windows-elevate-0.0.21-SNAPSHOT.pom
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project elevate-exe: Could not resolve
> dependencies for project
> net.kolotyluk.windows.elevate:elevate-exe:dotnet-executable:0.0.21-SNAPSHOT:
> Failed to collect dependencies at
> net.kolotyluk.windows.elevate:elevate-common:dll:0.0.21-SNAPSHOT: Failed to
> read artifact descriptor for
> net.kolotyluk.windows.elevate:elevate-common:dll:0.0.21-SNAPSHOT: Could not
> find artifact
> net.kolotyluk.windows:csharp-windows-elevate:pom:0.0.21-SNAPSHOT in
> local-nexus (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help 1]

You see how it says it is Downloading the pom file, then immediately
fails with an error? And how you don't see messages like these as you
do on the other files?
> (2 KB at 6.4 KB/sec)
> (10 KB at 237.8 KB/sec)

I think your assumptions are incorrect. It seems Maven cannot download
the pom. I think something else is going on and this is merely a
symptom.

PS- I saw your follow-up using system scope. I am not a fan of system
scope, but if it gets the job done and makes you happy, then feel free
to keep using it. Just realize your pom file (c:\Users\Eric) is
completely not portable after this change. I predict many "but it
works on my machine!" conversations with other developers are in your
future... And good luck integrating with CI.

Wayne