maven-users mailing list archives

From Tonio Caputo <ton...@exeo.com.ar>
Subject Re: DependencyTreeBuilder vs. DependencyGraphBuilder
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:15:35 GMT
Hi,

Interesting problem, I've just faced,  using aether and maven 3.1,  I
developed a plugin for
creating a special kind of 'war' file for a plugin infrastructure.

I was using aether directly,  I faced the problem aether was changed, so
just looking into
maven dependency plugin, and looking at some advice mentioned in the
network I moved
from using aether directly to use maven-dependency-tree library, which
isolates me of the problem
of what Aether provider is used.

Because of the nature of the plugin, I need to use DependencyTree and not
DependencyGraph (need the repeated/confict info).

So wondering, should I go back to using Aether directly (because of
DependencyTree) deprecation, or
some replacement for it will be available ?

thanks in advance
tonio