maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Scanning for Projects... before
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 15:01:31 GMT
Hi Eugene,

> Imagine I have releases artifacts that actually do not change their
> version, but do change their contents. Maven will not update my local
> repo unless their are snapshots, right? Well snapshot is not an option
> right now (due to corporate things).

It is one of Maven's cardinal assumptions that release versions are
immutable. If you need different contents, use either: A) a different
version string every time something changes; or B) a SNAPSHOT version. This
mutability is the entire purpose of snapshots, and what differentiates them
from release versions.

Regards,
Curtis