maven-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: Better way to capture output from a Maven job
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:38:28 GMT
Am Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:32:42 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb stug23 <pat.podenski@gmail.com>:

> While this works okay, I would have hoped for a better way to return
> a value from Maven. Is there a return/result parameter of some sort
> such that I don't have to pick the result out of the entire text
> output of the Maven job execution?

You can either use maven to execute the steps which you would do in
your script (for example using a ant or script plugin). In that case
you can access properties directly or you can have maven write the
result to a file (for example a property file) and then open that one.

Gruss
Bernd