maven-users mailing list archives

From delbert <delber...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven 3.2.1 and java 1.5?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:07:16 GMT
I need to use java 1.5. But when I run maven 3.2.1 I get:

:~$ mvn --version
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad
version number in .class file
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:

If I change to java 1.7 it works. I have not been able to find in the
release notes for 3.2.1 that java > 1.5 i s required.

I can use java 5 and maven 3.1.1 just fine.