maven-users mailing list archives

From kboom <gurgul.grzeg...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven JPA metamodel generation in multi-module project
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 21:43:16 GMT
Hello,

I've got a multi-module maven project. One of such modules should generate a
JPA metamodel - I include a snipped in its pom:

<plugin>
				<groupId>org.bsc.maven</groupId>
				<artifactId>maven-processor-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>2.2.4</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>generate jpa metamodel sources</id>
						<goals>
							<goal>process</goal>
						</goals>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/metamodel</outputDirectory>
							<processors>

<processor>org.hibernate.jpamodelgen.JPAMetaModelEntityProcessor</processor>
							</processors>

							<options>

<persistenceXml>src/main/resources/mappings/config/persistence.xml</persistenceXml>
							</options>

						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
				<dependencies>
					<dependency>
						<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
						<artifactId>hibernate-jpamodelgen</artifactId>
						<version>4.3.4.Final</version>
					</dependency>
				</dependencies>
			</plugin>

			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
				<artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
				<version>1.3</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>add jpa metamodel sources</id>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>add-source</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<sources>

<source>${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/metamodel</source>
							</sources>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

It works well when triggering build process by mvn clean install - all code
is generated and there is no errors. But when I trigger clean install on the
parent pom (and a aggregate project) code generation seem to be triggered,
but effective only on the local JPA-annotated entities. The entities mapped
by xml mappings (which are defined in other modules) does not contribute to
the output source code (but they were in the first case!). Could someone
tell me please what is wrong?

I run out of options... Thank you!