maven-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Suresh Kumar Pamidipati <suresh.pamidip...@oracle.com>
Subject Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 03:19:44 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to build our project using maven. I have included multiple dependency jars in
pom.xml and I am trying to build distribution jar using assembly:assembly goal. The command
"mvn assembly:assembly" resulted in the below error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
(default-cli) on project my-plugin: Execution default-cli of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
failed: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes -> [Help 1]

Two of the dependency jars when present together was causing this issue. I tried commenting
one of them and mvn assembly:assembly command worked fine. To make it work with both the jars
present together, I tried by adding excludes in dependency, assembly and even shade plugin
configuration in pom.xml to exclude MANIFEST files of one of those two jars as shown below,
but still the same error exists.

            <configuration>
              <filters>
                <filter>
                  <artifact>MyJar1:MyJar1</artifact>
                  <excludes>
                    <exclude>META-INF/*.SF</exclude>
                    <exclude>META-INF/*.DSA</exclude>
                    <exclude>META-INF/*.RSA</exclude>
                  </excludes>
                </filter>
              </filters>
            </configuration>

Please let me know how to resolve this error. I am not sure if the exclude statements were
being ignored or I am missing some thing here. Any information on this will be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh