maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thorsten Heit" <thorsten.h...@vkb.de>
Subject Status of MRELEASE-835?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 14:29:45 GMT
Hi,

last year in april I added an enhancement request for the release plugin
that allows a user to automatically resolve snapshot dependencies in
release:prepare, i.e. there's no interaction necessary; see MRELEASE-835.
I also added a patch I made using the source code of version 2.4.1 that is
still applicable even the recently released version 2.5.

Since the issue was added, there has been no activity on it; it also isn't
assigned to someone, and as far as I have seen there have been at least
two similar requests:
* MRELEASE-463 from 2009 (also with a patch provided)
* MRELEASE-854 from last november, marked as duplicate of MRELEASE-463

I just wanted to know what the actual status is? Is there no need for such
a IMHO usable and CI- and/or build-server friendly feature? Is there
anything missing in the issue/patch/description/...?
At least a comment such as "I'll look into that" would be nice :-)

Regards

Thorsten