maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven-shade-plugin Class Overlap
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 02:23:08 GMT
> I'm trying to use maven shade to overlay all of my changes to a jar on top of
> another in a manner similar to a jar overlay. However there are some classes
> that overlap in my source files with the jar I wish to overlap. After I
> build, the ones that overlap are replaced by what is in the jar's i'm
> overlaying. I want to know if it's possible to either chose the order the
> jars are added or to tell it to skip any classes that overlap.

I use shade but won't pretend to be an expert on all the configuration
options. I will assume you RTFM already.

Did you consider using class relocation to "move" the overlapping
classes to com.dontuse? Or perhaps an artifact filter to just
eliminate them entirely? Just thinking out loud, I'm not sure what the
order is/should be.

Wayne