maven-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Broyer <t.bro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multi-module phases sequence
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:56:57 GMT
Except Maven has no idea how to reach a state when “Module B must exist”,
because plugins don't tell Maven that they'll create that specific
artifact. For a module with <package>jar</package> and not too much
customization, it's easy to infer that moduleb:jar would exist after
running up to the package phase of the moduleb module; similarly for a WAR
or EAR. But how about test-jar and java-sources? (not all of them are
packaged using the maven-jar-plugin or maven-source-plugin) how about zip
files and other assemblies? Maven would have to use heuristics based on
specific plugins (maven-jar-plugin's test-jar packages a test-jar,
maven-source-plugin's jar-no-fork packages a java-source); this is bad for
modularity, and too error-prone.