maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using github as a maven repo
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 23:46:19 GMT
On Wednesday, 5 March 2014, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> Ideologic POV: Perso I'm very happy to download software from various
> sources (I believe in linux you can have different sources)
> So why we should have only ONE "artifacts source"?

I agree that a decentralised scheme is needed. jdc was working on one last
time he popped his head here, I've not heard much since.

However that is ideal world. Right now we live in the real world, and
better or worse as that may be, the practical way to work in that world is
pushing artifacts to central.