maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 13:09:13 GMT
Hi Suresh

Your best solution will come from  Oracle Support India
They are supposed to know this information and will be able to assist you with your problem
Oracle India Support Line number is +91.22.66796200
If  Oracle India is unable to assist you ..we can find a resource on this side of the planet
to help you

Warm Regards

> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 19:19:44 -0800
> From: suresh.pamidipati@oracle.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build our project using maven. I have included multiple dependency jars
in pom.xml and I am trying to build distribution jar using assembly:assembly goal. The command
"mvn assembly:assembly" resulted in the below error.

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
(default-cli) on project my-plugin: Execution default-cli of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
failed: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes -> [Help 1]

> Two of the dependency jars when present together was causing this issue. I tried commenting
one of them and mvn assembly:assembly command worked fine. To make it work with both the jars
present together, I tried by adding excludes in dependency, assembly and even shade plugin
configuration in pom.xml to exclude MANIFEST files of one of those two jars as shown below,
but still the same error exists.

> <configuration>
> <filters>
> <filter>
> <artifact>MyJar1:MyJar1</artifact>
> <excludes>
> <exclude>META-INF/*.SF</exclude>
> <exclude>META-INF/*.DSA</exclude>
> <exclude>META-INF/*.RSA</exclude>
> </excludes>
> </filter>
> </filters>
> </configuration>
>
> Please let me know how to resolve this error. I am not sure if the exclude statements
were being ignored or I am missing some thing here. Any information on this will be really
helpful.