maven-users mailing list archives

From D Vijay <vijayd1...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven Release Plugin throws svn : '' is not a working copy
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:17:31 GMT
Dear All,

I have a mavenized project and when I try to do a mvn release:prepare from
command prompt, I get the below error. Is it because of https communication
this is happening? I have downloaded the client certificate from the
browser, do I need to use this for communication? How can I use this
certificate on my desktop(windows) and later move on to linux(where my
jenkins server is present) and kick start the job from jenkins.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.4
.2:prepare (default-cli) on project SimpleWeb: Unable to check for local modific
ations
[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] SVN status failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] svn: '' is not a working copy

I have the below questions:

   1. How is the scm configuration is given in POM file
   2. If the communication to scm should happen through https, how can we
   configure the certificate on the client side
   3. The release should happen from branch or trunk

My scm configuration is as follows:

<scm>
        <connection>scm:svn:https://domain.com/svn/New_FW/CI_POC/SimpleWeb/trunk</connection>
        <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://domain.com/svn/New_FW/CI_POC/SimpleWeb/trunk</developerConnection>
        <url>https://domain.com/svn/New_FW/CI_POC/SimpleWeb/trunk</url>
    </scm>

My maven release plugin configuration is as follows:

<plugin>
                          <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
                          <version>1.3</version>
                          <configuration>
                            <providerImplementations>
                              <svn>javasvn</svn>
                            </providerImplementations>
                            <username>${scm.username}</username>

                            <password>${scm.password}</password>
                          </configuration>
                          <dependencies>
                            <dependency>
                              <groupId>com.google.code.maven-scm-provider-svnjava</groupId>
                              <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-svnjava</artifactId>
                              <version>1.14</version>
                            </dependency>
                          </dependencies>
                    </plugin>
                    <plugin>
                        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>2.4.2</version>
                        <dependencies>
                            <dependency>
                            <groupId>com.google.code.maven-scm-provider-svnjava</groupId>
                            <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-svnjava</artifactId>
                            <version>1.6</version>
                            </dependency>
                        </dependencies>
                        <configuration>
                            <providerImplementations>
                                <svn>javasvn</svn>
                            </providerImplementations>
                            <tagBase>https://domain-inc.com/svn/New_FW/CI_POC/SimpleWeb/tags</tagBase>
                            <mavenExecutorId>forked-path</mavenExecutorId>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>

I am struck here and cant move ahead. Please help/guide me in resolving the
issue. When I run the same by configuring the Maven Release Plugin in
Jenkins I get a different error as: "svn: Authentication required". Why is
this difference.

Thank You,
Vijay