maven-users mailing list archives

From "Umashanker, Srividhya" <srividhya.umashan...@hp.com>
Subject RE: JJTree with maven-compiler-plugin
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 14:39:22 GMT
Thanks for responding back.
I did try this plugin. Looks like this is no longer active. When I integrated the plugin with
Javacc 5.0, it does not work as expected.
The jjtree has come up with new changes in the later versions or command line arguments, which
are not available in the plugin. This causes the source code to be generated in a wrong folder.

So, we are unable to use the plugin. Is there anyone used this plugin with recent versions
of javacc 5.0?

-Vidhya

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Trasuk [mailto:trasukg@stratuscom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:26 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: JJTree with maven-compiler-plugin

Like so...

Put the following in your pom:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                <artifactId>javacc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.6</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>jjtree-javacc</id>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>jjtree-javacc</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <!-- options for JJTree and JavaCC go here -->
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
       </plugins>
   </build>

And your ".jjt" files go into "src/main/jjtree.

You can see an example in the "river-container-core" module at https://github.com/trasukg/river-container

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.
Open-Source Stream Lead, Web Age Solutions http://www.webagesolutions.com/courses/open-source-training

On Mar 3, 2014, at 1:46 AM, Umashanker, Srividhya <srividhya.umashanker@hp.com> wrote:

> I want to compile .jjt files into .java files using maven with javacc/jjtree.
>
> The maven-antrun-plugin wiki http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/usage.html
says  :

> Some Ant expressions have their respective counterparts in Maven. Thus, one can simply
invoke the corresponding Maven expression instead of using maven-antrun-plugin to avoid the
unneccessary overhead.

> Ant expression
>
> Plugin
>
> JavaCC
>
> maven-compiler-plugin<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-p
> lugin/>
>
> JJDoc
>
> maven-compiler-plugin<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-p
> lugin/>
>
> JJTree
>
> maven-compiler-plugin<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-p
> lugin/>
>

> Can someone point me to an example on how to use JJtree with maven-compiler-plugin?
Could not find much details on how to use other compilers.