maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven Dependency on exe
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2014 02:07:36 GMT
I have a dependency

     <dependency>
       <groupId>net.kolotyluk.windows</groupId>
       <artifactId>elevate</artifactId>
       <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
       <type>exe</type>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>

The artifact is in my local repository installed from an NPanday build,
but I want to be able to refer to it in my regular Java/Scala projects.
In particular, my unit tests need to run this executable in order to do
the unit tests properly.

Understandably
C:\Users\Eric\.m2\repository\net\kolotyluk\windows\elevate\0.0.1-SNAPSHOT\elevate-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.exe

does not show up on the classpath, but is there some way to pass this
information from Maven to the tests so they can find the executable?

Looking at the -X output from mvn, Maven is clearly aware of the
artifact in my local repository.

Cheers, Eric