maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <>
Subject Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:46:35 GMT
I just had a similar problem.
I used the shade plugin with the following exclusion filter and it worked.
Without the exclusion, I had .RSA and .DSA files in the resulting
assembly and with the exclusions, they were omitted.

You notice that my filter applies to *:*   You might want to try that to
see if your <artifact> specification is not being interpreted as you wish.

On 06/03/2014 12:34 PM, Venkata Suresh Kumar Pamidipati wrote:
> Hi Ron,
> In the assembly distribution jar, only file present was MANIFEST.MF and there were no
other files. But the jar created from packaging has the .SF and .RSA files which indicates
that exclude configuration did not work. The dependency jar which I have mentioned in pom.xml
is a signed jar and has these .SF and .RSA files.
> Thanks,
> Suresh
jars in pom.xml and I am trying to build distribution jar using assembly:assembly goal. The
command "mvn assembly:assembly" resulted in the below error.
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
(default-cli) on project my-plugin: Execution default-cli of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
failed: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes -> [Help 1]
>>> Two of the dependency jars when present together was causing this issue. I tried
commenting one of them and mvn assembly:assembly command worked fine. To make it work with
both the jars present together, I tried by adding excludes in dependency, assembly and even
shade plugin configuration in pom.xml to exclude MANIFEST files of one of those two jars as
shown below, but still the same error exists.
>>> <configuration>
>>> <filters>
>>> <filter>
>>> <artifact>MyJar1:MyJar1</artifact>
>>> <excludes>
>>> <exclude>META-INF/*.SF</exclude>
>>> <exclude>META-INF/*.DSA</exclude>
>>> <exclude>META-INF/*.RSA</exclude>
>>> </excludes>
>>> </filter>
>>> </filters>
>>> </configuration>
>>> Please let me know how to resolve this error. I am not sure if the exclude statements
were being ignored or I am missing some thing here. Any information on this will be really