maven-users mailing list archives

From D Vijay <>
Subject Maven Release Plugin throws Authentication Required error
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:13:02 GMT

Dear All,

I need help in configuring the Maven Release plugin. I am trying to
configure the plugin in Jenkins job. I am getting authentication exception.
For invoking maven release plugin do we need to have svn client from where
we are invoking the release? PFA the errors & the configuration that I used
for this.

My requirement is to configure maven release plugin as follows:

1. My current version is at 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and once testing is done and
ready for movement to production the maven release plugin will be invoked
from Jenkins job to move the code from branch to trunk.
2. The configuration has to check out the source from branch, update all
the POMs to version 1.0.0, tag the source code and check in the code at
trunk location. The tags folder will contain the tagged version at 1.0.0
(as best practice we need to change the version from 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT to
1.0.0 once the product is ready for production, right? or while moving to
UAT itself it should be done?).
3. Also, the next snapshot version will be updated to 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT(which
is configurable in release plugin) and checked in at branch level for the
next development.

I am able to configure this, but somehow it is not working. I am getting
authentication exception.
svn: Authentication required for '<<>

Thank you,

View raw message