maven-users mailing list archives

From alexscott <alex.es...@gmail.com>
Subject Best way for packaging maven plugin
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:41:50 GMT
Hello,

I have a maven project with many modules, some of them use a maven plugin
into the goal compile. This plugin is also a module.

When I clean then package the parent project everything is OK, the plugin is
well executed into child module.

But when I clean - compile the parent project, the first module that need to
execute the plugin throw an error : No plugin descriptor found at
META-INF/maven/plugin.xml

Indeed, the file plugin.xml seems to be generated during the packaging,
that's why I have an error on the goal compile.

Please, Do you know I could resolve that ?
How do you package your plugin with the rest of the project ?

Thanks for your helps.

Alex