maven-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Suresh Kumar Pamidipati <suresh.pamidip...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:34:44 GMT
Hi Ron,

In the assembly distribution jar, only file present was MANIFEST.MF and there were no other
files. But the jar created from packaging has the .SF and .RSA files which indicates that
exclude configuration did not work. The dependency jar which I have mentioned in pom.xml is
a signed jar and has these .SF and .RSA files.

Thanks,
Suresh

----- Original Message -----
From: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
To: users@maven.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:50:33 PM GMT +05:30 Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi
Subject: Re: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes

Look in the jar that the assembly created to see if the excludes
actually worked.

Ron

On 06/03/2014 8:09 AM, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hi Suresh
>

> Your best solution will come from  Oracle Support India
> They are supposed to know this information and will be able to assist you with your problem
> Oracle India Support Line number is +91.22.66796200
> If  Oracle India is unable to assist you ..we can find a resource on this side of the
planet to help you

> Warm Regards
>

>> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 19:19:44 -0800
>> From: suresh.pamidipati@oracle.com
>> To: users@maven.apache.org
>> Subject: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build our project using maven. I have included multiple dependency
jars in pom.xml and I am trying to build distribution jar using assembly:assembly goal. The
command "mvn assembly:assembly" resulted in the below error.

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
(default-cli) on project my-plugin: Execution default-cli of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:assembly
failed: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes -> [Help 1]

>> Two of the dependency jars when present together was causing this issue. I tried
commenting one of them and mvn assembly:assembly command worked fine. To make it work with
both the jars present together, I tried by adding excludes in dependency, assembly and even
shade plugin configuration in pom.xml to exclude MANIFEST files of one of those two jars as
shown below, but still the same error exists.

>> <configuration>
>> <filters>
>> <filter>
>> <artifact>MyJar1:MyJar1</artifact>
>> <excludes>
>> <exclude>META-INF/*.SF</exclude>
>> <exclude>META-INF/*.DSA</exclude>
>> <exclude>META-INF/*.RSA</exclude>
>> </excludes>
>> </filter>
>> </filters>
>> </configuration>
>>
>> Please let me know how to resolve this error. I am not sure if the exclude statements
were being ignored or I am missing some thing here. Any information on this will be really
helpful.

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Suresh

Ron Wheeler