maven-users mailing list archives

From "Zmuda, Matt" <Matt.Zm...@td.com>
Subject wsimport - catalog
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 20:28:29 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to generate some web service client code from a WSDL and schemas that I have.
One issue I am encountering is that one schema file (xsd) I require is in a separate jar that
my client project has a dependency on.
I cannot figure out how to reference that file in my pom. I have been lead down the path of
looking into defining a catalog (and it seems that how it was done in the and build we use
to use) however I can't get this working.

Below is what I have.. but not sure if I am on right track or not. Any help is appreciated!

The POM Sample

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
                <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
                <groupId>com.thegroup</groupId>
                <artifactId>com.theclientcode</artifactId>
                <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

                <dependencies>
                                <dependency>
                                                <!-- This dependency contains the schema
my wsdl needs -->
                                                <!-- How can I reference it? -->
                                                <groupId>com.mygroup</groupId>
                                                <artifactId>myartifact</artifactId>
                                                <version>1.0</version>
                                </dependency>
                </dependencies>
                <build>
                                <plugins>
                                                <plugin>
                                                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                                                <artifactId>jaxws-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                                                <version>1.12</version>
                                                                <executions>
                                                                                <execution>

      <goals>

                      <goal>wsimport</goal>

      </goals>
                                                                                </execution>
                                                                </executions>
                                                                <configuration>
                                                                                <extension>true</extension>
                                                                                <!-- Is
this what I should be using? What should be in it??? 0-->
                                                                                <catalog>${basedir}/src/main/resources/META-INF/catalog.xml</catalog>
                                                                                <wsdlDirectory>${basedir}/src/main/resources</wsdlDirectory>
                                                                                <sourceDestDir>${project.build.sourceDirectory}</sourceDestDir>
                                                                                <staleFile>${basedir}/src/jaxws/stale/.staleFlag</staleFile>
                                                                                <wsdlLocation>/META-INF/wsdl/TheWSDL.wsdl</wsdlLocation>
                                                                                <wsdlFiles>

      <wsdlFile>/META-INF/wsdl/TheWSDL.wsdl</wsdlFile>
                                                                                </wsdlFiles>
                                                                                <target>2.1</target>

                                                                </configuration>
                                                                <dependencies>
                                                                                <dependency>

      <groupId>com.sun.xml.ws</groupId>

      <artifactId>jaxws-tools</artifactId>

      <version>2.2.0.2</version>
                                                                                </dependency>
                                                                </dependencies>
                                                </plugin>
                                </plugins>
                </build>
</project>

The catalog.xml Sample:

<xmlcatalog id="wsimportcatalog">
                <!--  What is this location relative to? -->
                <entity publicid="file:/com/something/Fault.xsd" location="/../schema/com/something/Fault.xsd"/>
</xmlcatalog>

Jaxb Bindings for the schema:

<jxb:bindings version="1.0"
               xmlns:jxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb"
               xmlns:xjc="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb/xjc"

                <jxb:bindings schemaLocation="/com/something/Fault.xsd" node="/xs:schema">
                    <jxb:schemaBindings>
                      <jxb:package name="com.something.xml">
                        <jxb:javadoc><![CDATA[<body>Package level documentation
for generated package</body>]]></jxb:javadoc>
                      </jxb:package>
                    </jxb:schemaBindings>
                </jxb:bindings>

</jxb:bindings>

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited.
If received in error, please go to www.td.com/legal for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation
interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au www.td.com/francais/avis_juridique
pour des instructions.