maven-users mailing list archives

From "Zmuda, Matt" <>
Subject wsimport - catalog
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 20:28:29 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to generate some web service client code from a WSDL and schemas that I have.
One issue I am encountering is that one schema file (xsd) I require is in a separate jar that
my client project has a dependency on.
I cannot figure out how to reference that file in my pom. I have been lead down the path of
looking into defining a catalog (and it seems that how it was done in the and build we use
to use) however I can't get this working.

Below is what I have.. but not sure if I am on right track or not. Any help is appreciated!

The POM Sample

<project xmlns="" xmlns:xsi=""

                                                <!-- This dependency contains the schema
my wsdl needs -->
                                                <!-- How can I reference it? -->
                                                                                <!-- Is
this what I should be using? What should be in it??? 0-->

The catalog.xml Sample:

<xmlcatalog id="wsimportcatalog">
                <!--  What is this location relative to? -->
                <entity publicid="file:/com/something/Fault.xsd" location="/../schema/com/something/Fault.xsd"/>

Jaxb Bindings for the schema:

<jxb:bindings version="1.0"

                <jxb:bindings schemaLocation="/com/something/Fault.xsd" node="/xs:schema">
                      <jxb:package name="com.something.xml">
                        <jxb:javadoc><![CDATA[<body>Package level documentation
for generated package</body>]]></jxb:javadoc>

NOTICE: Confidential message which may be privileged. Unauthorized use/disclosure prohibited.
If received in error, please go to for instructions.
AVIS : Message confidentiel dont le contenu peut être privilégié. Utilisation/divulgation
interdites sans permission. Si reçu par erreur, prière d'aller au
pour des instructions.