maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is dependency:analyze lying to me?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 22:00:25 GMT
> This may fall into the “How the hell is Maven supposed to know?” category,

Yes, it most certainly does.

> [WARNING]
> org.springframework.security:spring-security-taglibs:jar:3.1.1.RELEASE:compile
> Anyway, not sure if the plugin can be configured to detect these kind of
> things, but a guy can dream, can’t he??

You would need to write code that performs the following tasks:
1. look in jar files related to dependencies
2. find taglib files and other configuration files [each file type
needs its own parser]
3. store tag uris that are discovered along with the associated jar
4. check those tag uris vs what is in your code (keep in mind some may
be in config files you wrote, so gotta parse those too - more code to
write)
5. output the list of jars (dependencies) which are not actually used
in code or config

This is nontrivial, so no one has done it. I'm sure we'd take a
contribution if you did the work.

Wayne