maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add Apache License to reduced pom (shade plugin)
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:52:53 GMT
that JIRA is different. It is asking for _comments_ from the original
pom to flow through, which is pretty nearly impossible. if you ask for
a brand new comment to be inserted based on some configuration
element, and better yet offer a patch, that's doable.

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for getting back, but I'm not sure creating a jira is any good in this case. We've
found this jira:

> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHADE-48
>
> which has been open for quite some time. I'm basically interested in what other projects
have had
> this same problem and how they solved it. Perhaps it is ok to have the reduced pom without
a license
> because it is a generated file.
>
> Thanks,
> -Flavio
>

> On 09 Feb 2014, at 03:22, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please file a JIRA on the shade plugin.
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Flavio Junqueira <fpjunqueira@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> We are using the shade plugin in the Apache BookKeeper project (BOOKKEEPER-724,
BOOKKEEPER-730) and we originally wanted to the add the Apache license to the reduced pom
generated so that we could ship it with our next release. However, we couldn't find any option
that allows us to add the license automatically. Is it right that there is no option to add
it automatically to the reduced pom? If this is right, then the next question is if we really
need to add the license header to a generated file.