maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <>
Subject Re: Adding dependency management to parent pom causes errors
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 01:21:57 GMT
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Barrie Treloar <> wrote:

> This is also best practice.

Agreed wholesale.  I think the original poster was wondering why this

...when "wrapped" (replaced, really) thusly:

...suddenly {handwave handwave} made his dependencies stop {handwave}
resolving.  (The answer being of course that there is no longer a
<dependencies> section in this particular case; he replaced it—did not
augment it—with a <dependencyManagement> stanza.)

While we're on the subject of best practices in this area, we've also found
that dependency managing the versions of even child <modules> pays off in
the end.