maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Multiple assemblies in a pom
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 12:59:18 GMT
I am trying to create 3 tar files in a single project.
I have 3 invocations of the  maven-assembly-plugin in the pom.
It works but gives the warnings shown below.

How likely is it that these dire threats of future problems will come about?

What is the Best Practice to fix this?

Ron

[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
model for com.artifact_software.taw:taw-webapps-assembler:jar:1.0.2
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)' must be unique but
found duplicate declaration of plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly
-plugin @ line 77, column 12
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.(groupId:artifactId)' must be unique but
found duplicate declaration of plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly
-plugin @ line 89, column 12
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support
building such malformed projects.

--
Ron Wheeler
President