maven-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kolotyluk <>
Subject Re: Can't Find Scala Archetype
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 03:03:15 GMT
On 2/11/2014 6:54 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:
> On 12 February 2014 13:14, Eric Kolotyluk <> wrote:
>> I am using the Typesafe Eclipse IDE, and for some reason it cannot find the
>> archetype for
>> <groupId>net.alchim31.maven</groupId>
>> <artifactId>scala-archetype-simple</artifactId>
>> <version>1.5</version>
>> At one time it could, but now it can't, and I have no idea why. The
>> diagnostics are completely useless in understanding the problem.
>> Can anyone suggest anything that might be wrong and how to fix it?
> Central says it exists
> Are you behind a proxy?
> For additional commands, e-mail:

OK, for some reason the IDE was not set up with Maven Central as a
Catalog, I had to manually add Maven Central, and there seems to be a
bug, that when I try to search All Catalogs, Eclipse does not find it,
so I have to manually select the Maven Central Catalog.

 From my perspective, this is a bug in how Typesafe are packaging their
Scala IDE.

I have it working now.

Cheers, Eric