maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: maven-ear-plugin silently overrides libraries
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:33:57 GMT
If your IDE supports Maven (Eclipse/STS for example), you will see the
conflict in the dependency hierarchy view and you can fix it with the
right exclusions.

It is almost always worth a quick look through the dependency hierarchy
view if you use a lot of third party libraries.
Not everyone updates their dependencies when they build a shareable library.
You can sometimes get some pretty old versions of things dragged in with
the latest version of otherwise well-written libraries.
Exclusions need to be added to get what you want in your artifacts.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President