maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <>
Subject Re: maven-ear-plugin silently overrides libraries
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:33:57 GMT
If your IDE supports Maven (Eclipse/STS for example), you will see the
conflict in the dependency hierarchy view and you can fix it with the
right exclusions.

It is almost always worth a quick look through the dependency hierarchy
view if you use a lot of third party libraries.
Not everyone updates their dependencies when they build a shareable library.
You can sometimes get some pretty old versions of things dragged in with
the latest version of otherwise well-written libraries.
Exclusions need to be added to get what you want in your artifacts.

On 07/02/2014 9:21 AM, Reto Habl├╝tzel wrote:
> Hi there,
> I built an ear using the maven-ear-plugin (version 2.6).
> The ear is configured such that it includes two libraries into the lib
> folder, both with the same artifactId as well as the same version, but a
> different groupId. Now if I simply call 'mvn package' only the first one is
> included, but no warning whatsoever appears. Only once I turn on debugging
> (mvn --debug package), I see one subtle message:
> [DEBUG] Skipping artifact [] as it is already up to date
> at [lib/bar-1.0.jar]
> Wouldn't it make sense to either include the groupId in the filename or at
> least make a check (that includes the groupId) beforehand if there are any
> conflicts?
> Cheers,
> Reto

Ron Wheeler