maven-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado-3 <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is dependency:analyze lying to me?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:54:31 GMT
Hi,

This may fall into the “How the hell is Maven supposed to know?” category,
but one of the dependencies that dependency:analyze lists when I run it on
my WAR project is

[WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
…
[WARNING]
org.springframework.security:spring-security-taglibs:jar:3.1.1.RELEASE:compile

However, when I comment this out of my pom, a few of my JSPs die with the
error

	org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://www.springframework.org/security/tags cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:51)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:116)

because the JSP includes this

	<%@ taglib prefix="sec"
uri="http://www.springframework.org/security/tags"%>

Anyway, not sure if the plugin can be configured to detect these kind of
things, but a guy can dream, can’t he??