maven-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado-3 <>
Subject Why is dependency:analyze lying to me?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:11:06 GMT

I’m using Maven 3.1.1 on Mac 10.9.1.  When I ran “mvn dependency:analyze” on
my project, I got results that included:

	[WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
	[WARNING]    junit:junit:jar:4.11:test

So I commented out the above junit dependency in my pom (declared like so):

However, when I ran “mvm clean install” on my project, I got errors like

	initializationError0(org.mainco.subco.core.SerializableTest)  Time elapsed:
0 sec  <<< ERROR!
	java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NULL
		at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.<init>(

This isn’t the only dependency that the analyze goal lists that wreaks havoc
when I comment it out.  Is there another way to detect what dependencies are
truly not needed by my project?

Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message