maven-users mailing list archives

From Benoît Berthonneau <ben...@berthonneau.com>
Subject RE: Code coverage with debug logs: 100% branch coverage not possible?...
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:57:05 GMT
Hi Paul,

Don't think that I could play with exclusions. Here is an example :

A Unit Test :

The tested class with ALL traces activated:

And the same tested class with INFO traces activated:

-----Message d'origine-----
De : paulus.benedictus@gmail.com [mailto:paulus.benedictus@gmail.com] De la
part de Paul Benedict
Envoyé : mercredi 12 février 2014 21:36
À : Maven Users List
Objet : Re: Code coverage with debug logs: 100% branch coverage not
possible?...

IIRC, there should be an option in Emma/Cobertura that allows you to exclude
coverage on certain classes. So if you can exclude your log4j classes (you
don't really want to test your logging, do you?), then you should be able to
raise your percentage.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Benoît Berthonneau

< <mailto:benoit@berthonneau.com> benoit@berthonneau.com>wrote:

> Hi all,

> I need your opinion/way to tackle the following problem:

> In many projects we use a Logger (doesn't matter which

> implementation). It is often recommend to test if the debug level is

> activated before logging a debug trace like the following:

> if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {

>     logger.debug("blah " + i + " in the loop that contains " + max);

> }

> Now when you run unit tests on this kind of code you need to make a
choice:

--

Cheers,

Paul