maven-users mailing list archives

From Mikael Petterson <mikael.petter...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: How to include @inheritDoc from a dependent jar
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:49:05 GMT
Thanks for reply Martin. See my comments below.

Br,

//mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: den 14 januari 2014 13:27
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to include @inheritDoc from a dependent jar

> From: mikael.petterson@ericsson.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: How to include @inheritDoc from a dependent jar
> Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:14:21 +0000
>
> Hi,
>
> We are building a maven site that will contain javadoc for our AppX api ( jar file).
> AppX depends on a few other jar files ( that we have built using maven) . One dependency
jar contain an interface with javadoc and we have a class implementing it, in AppX.
> AppX has @inheritDoc in in the javadoc so we don't have to rewrite it.
>
> When I use the following under <report>
>
> <plugin>
> <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.8.1</version>
> </plugin>
>
> But when I open up the javadoc for my Appx and look at the class implementing the interface
there is no javadoc. What am I missing?

MG>@Inheritdoc pulls Javadoc comments @comment @author @param @throws
MG>@return from Implemented interface If you have none of the Javadoc
MG>tags in the corresponding base method of implemented interface then
MG>AppX class will not be able to 'inherit' those Javadoc attributes

I have the following:

Interface in dependency jar javadoc:

/**
     * Deletes the object found at the specified location.
     *
     * @param Object any type of object
     * @throws InvalidObjectException lots of text
     * @throws NoSuchObjectException lots of text
     */
public void delete (Object object)throws throws InvalidObjectException, NoSuchObjectException;

Implementing class:

/**
     * {@inheritDoc}
     */
    @Override
    public void delete(Object object) throws InvalidObjectException, NoSuchObjectException
{
	//implementation of delete
    }

Is this correct or?   Since this will not produce any javadoc for implementation of delete
( last code).

> Br,
>
> //mike
"The longest journey is the the journey inwards..Of him who has chosen his dentiny..Who has
started upon his quest for the source of his being".... Dag Hammarskjold