maven-users mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russell.g...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: short and snappy description of what Maven is
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:37:42 GMT
I missed this earlier - I agree. The biggest advantage I find with Maven over tools that have
adopted its dependency management philosophy is that every build essentially follows a predictable
pattern, rather than being free form. A new developer automatically knows how to invoke it.
That is most definitely not guaranteed to be true with any other build system that I know
of.

So something like:

Maven is a build tool which not only simplifies the common tasks of defining a build, but
also makes it easy for new developers to know how to use the created build.