maven-users mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: javadoc:aggregate project filter
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 19:07:29 GMT
I'm in a similar environment and use profiles in my aggregator POM to specify different reactors
for different things. I have a profile for a javadoc reactor which doesn't include any eclipse-feature,
eclipse-test-plugin, or eclipse-repository projects (ie it only includes the projects for
the actual plugins that constitute the product).

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Pontesegger [mailto:christian.pontesegger@web.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:52 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: javadoc:aggregate project filter

Hi,

I'd like to create API documentation for an eclipse RCP project.
Therefore I use the javadoc:aggregate goal which nicely builds documentation for all my projects.

Now I want to filter some of them. When building with tycho junit tests are typically kept
in a separate project. Still the package names for a test class ae the same as for the main
class. This seems to be the best practice approach right now.

Currently API documentation for test classes is built too. Is there a way to filter a whole
project from the aggregation step?

The only other approach I found was to use the javadoc:javadoc goal and to manually add paths
using the sourcepath parameter. For a big project this is an error prone task which I would
like to avoid.

regards
Christian