maven-users mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject Why does maven-javadoc-plugin:javadoc execute from an aggregator POM?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:04:16 GMT
I'm working with a set of eclipse-plugin projects using the Tycho plugins. We are trying to
embed the javadocs in the plugin jar file, with an extension point so that the Javadocs show-up
inline in the IDE. Since I need the javadoc to be generated prior to the package phase, I
have configured the javadoc goal in the pluginManagement section of my parent POM, bound to
the process-sources phase. This works fine when building the eclipse-plugin POM. But when
I build from an aggregator POM, it fails with the error "No public or protected classes found
to document." I can run the aggregate goal to get one giant apidocs index of all the projects,
but that doesn't generate the per-project apidocs to embed in each project's jar file because
the aggregate goal skips all the non-aggregator POMs. So shouldn't the non-aggregate "javadoc"
goals quietly not fork and execute the javadoc executable when it's processing an aggregator
POM within the reactor?

and delete all copies of this message.