maven-users mailing list archives

From Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>
Subject Re: New logo?
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 16:32:47 GMT
About raven, is already "taken":
http://www.maven.co/

Some "sneaky peaks" for same named (but non related sites) -- just to see
what others came up with:
http://www.maven-sf.com/
http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/maven/
http://www.php-maven.org/

And my personal fav:
http://mavenberlin.com/en

Their stylised "M" made out of two triangles is just great.

And then, as I also like abstract things a bit more than explicit drawings
representing explicit stuff/beings,
I figured what might represent visually Maven
(I admit, was inspired with MavenBerlin intersecting triangles, as there,
it reflects the intersection of multidisciplinary creativity):
a mountain(s), a twin peak ("M"), you have to climb..... (and everyone
finish their story, mountain might be "effort", "knowledge", "sweat" or
whatever :D )

Something like these
http://www.leelau.net/2005/clemenceau/Miscellanous/traverseduplicatemountainnwview04.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JFyYp4QeFvU/Td_kvtpZNBI/AAAAAAAAAFk/_axAJllIgF8/s1600/snowcap2.png

And finally, just a quick quick silly draft of logos, two versions.

First, is obviously what maven is <today/> :D

Second is the one with stylized peaks, variations on "M as mountain" idea:D

http://screencast.com/t/JSpjKNrhBJLJ